Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Ντούντης - My first instrument!

Hi!

This the first instrument building - related post on my blog. I hope more are gonna follow.
I want to show you my first attempt in making a music instrument. It is a baglamas (greek folk instrument) that I made for my friend Aris. He has a name and this is "Ντούντης" (dude).

As you can see in the photos the whole body is made from one piece of wood. (φλαμούρι - lime tree)
The sound board is from fir wood (έλατο), and the fretboard from ebony.

Underneath are some photos from the building process and a video of him, alive and playing in Africa, Ghana. If you don't speak greek, skip the talking in the video and listen to the song that starts after a couple minutes! 

And some info about the procedure in greek..

Enjoy,
Dim


First steps in Syros - July 2014

After the fretboard placement - Syros - July  2014

Almost ready - Thessaloniki - December 2014

Ready! - Thessaloniki - December 2014



No comments:

Post a Comment